Hey, guys! Dawn Dagger over at Dawn Dagger’s Offical Blog, renominated me for the Wisteria’s Writer’s Challenge.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the ten questions given
- Come up with the ten questions for the next nominee
- They have to be book or novel related
- Nominate up to ten people
1. Favorite book you’ve written (can be incomplete)? Why?
My favorite story that I’ve written is a short story called ‘Angel by Your Side’. Why? Because it just resonates so much with me. I have to read it every now and then just to remind myself of the lesson I wanted to teach others through it. 😉 My favorite book… probably a story I call Teddy Bear. Why? Because it’s just so much fun to write, even though it’s really stupid and silly and makes no sense whatsoever.
2. How many times do you think about your books in a day?
A lot. 😀
3. Does a song make you want to write a story?
Yes!!! ‘Angel by my Side’ was inspired by Francesa Battistelli’s song ‘Angel by my Side’. And I have another book that was inspired by Ed Sheeran’s song ‘Photograph.’
4. Have you ever taken a character from a book/movie and made it your own?
Not an entire character… not yet. (I do have plans for it. :P) But I’ve taken certain traits, or characteristics, or appearances and added it to characters I already have.
5. Do you often share your books with others?
Er… some books with some people. Common people: Dawn Dagger, Warrior Princess, my grandma. 😛
6. Short stories or novels?
7. What’s your favorite genre to read?
Uh…. do I have to pick a favorite? *starts crying* please don’t make me!
I’d say, young adult: science fiction. Insignia/Masterminds/Steelheart, that area.
8. What’s your favorite genre to write?
Stupidness, no thanks to Teddy Bear.
9. Are animals big in your stories?
Some stories. 😀 Death’s Whistle is about a farm boy (who goes on to be a hero), but animals are very big in that story. Teddy Bear… not so much. Evil Grandfatherly Dude is allergic to animals. (*whispers* Don’t tell him I said that.)
10. What about myths/mythological creatures? (i.e. Griffins, unicorns, greek mythology)
Not really. Never really been into that. The most ‘mythological’ I’ve been is when I wrote a little short story about the family reunion of all the common monsters: Big Foot, Loch Ness, the Abominable Snow Man, the Abominable Snow Dude, and Frankie the terror to all doggie toys. 😛 I still want to take that and make it a big story.
Now for my ten questions:
- How does reading affect your writing?
- What’s your favorite writer quote?
- Does reading your favorite author help you with writer’s block?
- What makes you want to write?
- What is your biggest distraction when you’re writing?
- Is there a TV show that will put off writing for?
- If you could be published by any publisher ever, which publisher would you choose?
- If you could meet any author (now or in the past) and be trained by them, which author would you want?
- Would you rather sell a book that becomes an instant bestseller while you lived and then slip out of the market, or would you rather it not sell that good while you’re alive and then become a classic after you died?
- Why do you write?
- Esther from The Sounds of Grace
- You! (This is your chance to make up for you not doing it last time I nominated you.) 😛
Thanks again to Dawn Dagger!