Thanks to Esther from The Sounds of Grace for nominating me for the Wisteria Writer’s Challenge! I thought about doing it on my author blog, but since it’s not set up yet and Esther nominated me a while ago, I figured I oughta just do it. 😀
Rules for this challenge:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the ten questions given
- Add to questions you thought of
- They have to be book or novel related
- Nominate up to ten people
Ready for the questions? So am I! Bring it on! (Lol.)
1. How do you deal with writer’s block?
Depends. Sometimes, I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and then start writing again with the word ‘in’ or ‘the’. In order for it to work, my brain has to back out of the ‘this story is terrible and you should work on something worthwhile and blah blah blah.’ If it’s in that mood, I sit down and read a book or watch a movie or write on another story. 😀
2. Where do you get your ideas for stories?
I have no idea. Honestly, I don’t. I’ll be doing something and then my brain goes into overdrive and bingo. Story idea!
3. How often do you write?
Whenever I get the chance.
4. What is your favorite book?
Uh… Are you sure you wanna know? Yes?
Ok. Here we go:
The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom, Ranger’s Apprentice series, Brotherband Chronicles series, Insignia, Drowning Ruth, Swindle series, The War That Saved My Life, Last in a Long Line of Rebels, Mark of the Thief, The False Prince, Rebels by Accident, Robin Hood, Uprising, American Sniper, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Codename Komiko, Masterminds, Fake ID, The Good Theif, A Long Way From Chicago, Schooled, Seven Dead Pirates, Trading in Danger, A Year Down Yonder, and there are many more, but I can’t remember them all right now and I’m sure you all don’t have time to read the list. 😉
5. How many stories have you written so far?
Uh…. including short stories? I have no idea. At least fifty, that’s for sure. Not including short stories? Three completed stories. Two of them need a ton of editing, and then there’s the November story that I’m currently working on editing.
6. Have you ever written a novel with a friend?
Three, actually. One with my friend, Warrior Princess, one with my friend Dawn Dagger, and one with Esther.
7. How long have you liked to write?
As long as I can remember. I actually have a little ‘book’ that I wrote before I could even spell. I drew the pictures and told Mom what to write down. It’s about a princess. I forget what happens now…
8. What genres do you write in?
Christian, Action, Historical Fiction, Young Adult, Suspense, Mainstream…. just to name a few
9. Who inspires you to write?
No one really. I’ve just always wanted to write. Had to write, to get the stories and characters out of my head. No one really got me into it or inspires me to continue.
10. When did you start writing?
I don’t remember. It was a loooooooong time ago, it seems. 😀
- Who is your favorite author? Why?
2. Do you listen to music while you write?
3. If so, what’s your favorite?
4. Why do you like to write?
5. Who’s your favorite characters out of your stories? Why?
6. Do you plan on publishing or do you write for fun?
7. What’s your favorite books?
8. Do TV shows and movies influence your writing?
9. Do you enter writing contests?
10. Do you like writing your blog or a story better?
I’m going to do something a bit different. I honestly don’t have any other writing bloggers that are active on their sites, so if you would like to take this challenge, I nominate you!