So, I was just talking about friends right? Wonderful, totally awesome, internet friends? Well, one of them, deborahcrocker, blogger of Talking to My Weight Loss Counselor – God, (check it out! It’s awesome, whether you’re losing weight or not) nominated me for an award: the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. Deborah has also made several very thoughtful comments on my blog that have encouraged me immensely. They should be made into quotes or something like that. Ok. That’s it. These are quotes that should be passed down for generations.
When one seeks God’s will, God will lead to the “one” He chose, the one true love. Although no man is capable to love as God loves . We need to realize that. – Deborah Crocker
That one was given in response to my True Love post.
Seek God’s will and you will see what God does. – Deborah Crocker
See what I mean??? 🙂
So anyways, the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award.
Rules of the award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and post a link to their site.
- Put the award logo on your site.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate seven blogs.
Only seven blogs???? Shucks.
In one word, how would you like your readers to describe your blog?
Which is your most favorite among your blog posts? Why?
I’m stuck between ‘A Letter to the Older Generation‘ and ‘True Love‘. I think I’d have to go with A Letter to the Older Generation because I said something that had been on my heart for a long time and when I shared it, I found that people actually listened. And that means a lot to me.
What, who inspires most of your blog posts?
Life. I go and do my schoolwork or I go outside on the farm. And then, the post just starts to write itself in my head. I come back, write it out, tweak it a little and post it. 🙂
What do you inspire to accomplish this year?
Um. Let’s see. I want to memorize Proverbs 1 and 31. I want to memorize the whole book of Proverbs by the time I’m 25. It started when I just wanted to memorize 31. Then I heard about a lady who memorized the first 50 Psalms by her 50th birthday. And so I started thinking, I can memorize all of Proverbs!!! I’m definitely not going to get that all memorized this year though!! So just chapter 1 and 31.
I also want to get up to 100 followers. *hint to all you non-followers!!* I want to participate in NaNoWriMo this November. And I want to compete in three Competitive Trail rides with either Smoky or Okey. Not a very big list, I know, but I can always add more later. 🙂
What do you aspire to learn this year?
More about Alexander the Great’s tactics. I know, not very ‘girly’ but very interesting. I also want to learn about writing better fiction stories. 🙂 I will be getting a book or two about that.
What is your most favorite book? Why?
Um. In the Bible? Probably James right now. I’ve been reading through it and it is packed with wisdom!!! The Proverbs of the New Testament, right?? 🙂 Non-fiction? The Histories or Home before Morning. Because I love history and both of them are history although at different times. Fiction? Right now, it would be the Brotherband Chronicles. I’m waiting for my turn with the newest book in the series to finally come into my hands….
What’s the most courageous thing you have ever done?
Told my testimony in front of my Bright Lights group. My hands were sweating, I had to hold them behind my back and squeeze them because they were shaking so much. But I told it. When I later talked to one of my friends, she said that she never knew I was so nervous…All God!!!
If you could be a superhero, what would be your superpower?
Changing words that hurt into words that uplift. Not as exciting as Superman or Captain America but, I think, way more important. Sorry guys.
Who is your female role model?
My friend, A. She is a living Proverbs 31 woman. Then would be my mom, who homeschools me and my three younger sisters and helps run a farm and keeps our house in order. And then would be my grandmothers. 🙂
Wow. Only seven blogs. Man guys, this is tough. I’m talking really tough. Everyone here is so awesome!!! But I guess I have to choose…so:
- Owlivia at Untainted and Odd. She writes about ‘Thoughts and Stories of a High School Junior’. 🙂 Check her out for sure.
- barnraised at Barnraised. She writes about horses, homeschooling, and life. Definitely check her out.
- vrein11 at horses dirt and motherhood. She also writes about horses, homeschooling and right now is talking about her trip to Israel. 🙂 And she was the first person besides me (ok, that I know of) that saw Racing Stripes and wondered why the animals were totally ignoring all that corn…
- heathermstaley2014 at Life on the HK Bar. ‘Mom, wife, nurse, horseman.’ Check her out. And Boo is just the cutest ever. 🙂
- ironhorsefarmgirl at Iron*Horse*Ranch. What can I say? Farmgirl. Awesome blog. Talks about all kinds of things and has great posts. Check out her newest and cutest addition here. 🙂
- Kinnii at The Passion to Blog. Blogs about life in a beautiful, inspiring way.
- anarashbrook at So where’s the snow?. Talks about a lot of things, especially Swingle though. And has beautiful pictures from around Austria. 🙂
So. There we go. The Sisterhood of the World.
And thank you again, Deborah!!!! 🙂